Storyboard
At first, I did not know how I could do a storyboard and just saw different examples throughout the internet, but it is a major difference to actually do a storyboard. It was that inexperience that was challenging during the process, but then I started thinking like a comic book artist and I realized that it was all in the matter of telling the story. Drawing my characters was very enjoyable to do due to how I love drawing so much and it gave me a lot of practice in learning how the characters look since I am animating my project. It turns out that at first, it was difficult to keep up with consistent character designs since there are a couple of characters that are introduced during this opening, but as I kept drawing the same characters over and over again, I learned how they looked like by gaining muscle memory.
Making the storyboard required making some slight changes to the concept of the opening in order to have a more coherent narrative. According to Annemaree O'Brien from the article "Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner's guide," many people "fall into the trap of trying to produce an epic movie with unfortunate consequences." I knew that I could not fit all of my ideas at once into a two-minute long film. The ideas that I had for my film would make the movie hard to follow and it would have a lot to unpack in the first two minutes. It originally was going to have a flashback sequence in between the current events of the film, but I realized that it would cause confusion upon watching the film and I want my audience to actually understand what is going on. The point of storyboarding is to efficiently organize ideas to create a well thought out idea. In an article called "Storyboard your way to success" by James M. Higgins, it states that some of the purposes of storyboarding are to solve problems more effectively, raise levels of creativity, and improve planning and communications. With my storyboard, I hope that I achieved aiming for those characteristics.











Comments
Post a Comment