Creativity & Genre
Creativity is a characteristic that everyone is capable to have. From job performances to writing books everyone is capable of being creative and it is used in ways and methods that people sometimes do not realize. Adults especially have a hard time with being creative because they are too focused on the tasks they must do. In the TED Talk, “The Theory of Creativity,” the speaker says that children think expansively and as they grow older, it reduces. This especially true with the “Introductions Activity”, where it was hard to try and come up with ways to describe ourselves with specific restrictions, which was probably influenced by how we are older. Once achieved, the idea of creativity allows us to think outside the box and come up with new and innovative ideas that will help us in our future careers. By developing these skills, you can develop creative self-efficacy, which is the creative confidence that develops from creative action and the positive feedback from trusted others (Shaughnessy, 2020).
For my project, I have a general idea on what genre I want it to be. There are two movies that are similar to what I want to do. The first movie is Zombieland, which is directed by Ruben Fleischer, who is known for movies such as Venom (2018), and the sequel to Zombieland: Zombieland Double Tap (2019). Zombieland is successful at combining elements of horror, since it is a zombie apocalypse film, and comedy that I really find fun to experience. The film also has elements of adventure, since it shows the characters constantly trying to avoid the danger of getting turned into zombies. The comedy combined with the survival aspect of the film makes it very engaging to watch in my opinion and it also highlights the character interactions and dynamics shown in the film and makes them more memorable and impactful. For example, the main guy, Columbus, and the female lead, Wichita have conversations riddled with sarcasm throughout the movie, but as it progresses, they have a much stronger bond.
The other film that falls into the adventure genre is Guardians of the Galaxy directed by James Gunn, who is known for directing and producing movies like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and Brightburn (2018). Set in another galaxy, the movie follows a group of rogue heroes trying to escape from bounty hunters after one of the members, Peter Quill, stole a powerful orb from the movie’s main villain, Ronan. Like Zombieland, there is that idea of survival that I find entertaining. I want to incorporate that idea into my project, except that I do not want the movie to be science fiction.
Overall, the general idea that I have for my project is that I want my project to be a horror comedy adventure set in a post-apocalyptic future.
Comments
Post a Comment