Decision Day

      Both programs, InDesign and PremierPro, took a long time to figure out how to use them properly, especially with PremierPro because of the way we have to upload our videos from our phones to the program, but with InDesign, the process was much easier. Even though InDesign was much easier to figure out, PremierPro is the video editor and if I get enough practice on the program, I can hopefully tell the story I want to tell. 

     I am a person that is fascinated by visual things and both movies and magazines definitely have that to offer, especially since magazines are becoming more visually interesting to the general public. According to magazine editor Lee Gutkind in an interview created by Joey Franklin, "Our recent redesign, which incorporates color and illustrations into the magazine, is certainly intended to make it more reader friendly." While the idea is very beneficial in order to attract a bigger audience, to me it does not captivate me as much. Magazines are not really a stand-out to me in the sense that the stories inside the magazines simply do not interest me as most people seem to be. Even though magazines can be creative with their graphics, images, and shapes that they use in order to captivate the reader's attention, the articles are based on real life, which can be fascinating and helpful at times, but most magazines are concentrated on enticing gossip or tips on how to decorate your home for certain holidays, and to me it is not that creative. 

     With a movie opening, I can tell a story that is not too grounded on real life. Basically, I can tell a story that I enjoy making without any restrictions. There is a fine line between magazines and movies and that is the art to show and not tell. Magazines have a very informative format, so they have to explicitly tell the reader what is happening in the article, but with movies, since everything is visual, they can indirectly tell what is going on without explicitly saying it. This way has so much more impact and has that artistry that I want to achieve when doing this project. The brain actually experiences the story in the same way it would as if you were inside the narrative itself “(Cherry, 2017). With movies, those feelings are amplified, and with proper storytelling, you can take the audience on a journey as if it was real. 

     Overall, I am deciding to do the movie for the final project because of the tools that PremierPro provides in order to convey the story that I want to create. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production 2- Final Edits

Production 1- Scheduling and Planning

Production 4- Recording